Paleo Banana Bread (GF, DF)
2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
55g coconut oil
60g smooth almond butter
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten lightly
30g coconut flour
25g almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
**Optional extras: dark chocolate chips or blueberries**
Pre-heat oven to 180c nd line a 9x5 inch baking tin with greased parchment paper
1. Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil and almond butter together.
3. Add the mashed banana, maple syrup & vanilla extract to the saucepan and mix. Add in the eggs and stir until smooth.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together well.
5. Pour the cake mix into the tin, bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
6.Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning the cake out onto a wire rack.